|Dragon Quest Builders 2|
|Platform|| PlayStation 4|
|Japan||December 20, 2018|
|North America||July 12, 2019|
|Europe||July 12, 2019|
Just as the first game takes place in an alternate reality of the original Dragon Quest, this installment takes place in an alternate realm of Dragon Quest II, in which Hargon raises a cult known as the Children of Hargon, designed to discourage building and cooking, and to ban worshiping of the Goddess under penalty of death. The player takes the role of a Builder rescued by a mysterious boy named Malroth from the ocean and transported to Empty Island, a place void of civilisation. The player and Malroth must bring the world back to its former glory by introducing the concept of Building back to the other islands and defeat the Children of Hargon.
- The stackable block limit has been increased by three, making the maximum 64.
- Slopes are now built into the game's physics engine.
- Players can dive into water if jumping from high ground.
- Weapons and hammers are now assigned to separate buttons.
- The ability to dash has been added.
- Farms can be tilled with the help of a friendly wiggly, who aerates infertile spaces for cultivation.
- Players may now glide from high elevation via the windbreaker cape.
- Vehicular transportation is possible with a car designed after an army ant.
- The player can warp anywhere on an island, provided they have already been there once.
- Multiplayer has been implemented to allow up to four players.
- Animals are present for villages.
- Waterfalls are now present; this is due to player requests from the first game.
|v · e · dDragon Quest (franchise)|
|Mystery Dungeon series|
Kenshin • Slime MoriMori (Rocket Slime • Daikaizoku to Shippodan) • Monster Battle Road (II Legends • Victory • Scanner) • The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors • Wars • Theatrhythm • The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (Twins Kings and Ending of the Prophecy) • Stars • Builders • Builders 2