Dragon Quest of the Stars (星のドラゴンクエスト, Hoshi no Dragon Quest) is a free-to-play touch-based RPG that is part of the Dragon Quest series.
As the descendants of the mysterious Questocrat, the player and their two siblings fought alongside a great hero against the Dark Lord of the Stars. The Dark Lord handily defeated them, sending them crashing onto Cyril's homeworld, where they awaken robbed of their memories as well as their possessions on a beach near the First Town. Only the Questocrat's book remains. With the aid of Cyril and his slime pal Gregooey, the player must uncover the secret of the tome and embark on their journey to vanquish evil across the galaxy.
- The First Island
Begin your globetrotting quest
- A New Power
Obtain a new vocation
- The Notorious Thief
Bandits in Batraccia Castle
- The Barren World Tree
Riddle of the dying eldertree
- The Blacksmith's Haven
Batraccian wastes and great shields
- The Enraged Protector
Family bonds of the guardian god
- Final Battle! La Citadelle des Lions
The castle on the lake
- To the Polar North
Voyage to Tundrica
- The Winter Queen's Land
Visit the Winter Queen
- Land of Blizzards
To the queen's castle
- The Queen's Icy Keep
Recapture Tundrica's castle
- The Land of Mages
The great sage of Mahrad
- Hunting the Ghost Ship
Find the missing Griff
- The King of Mahrad Castle
Visit the king in Mahrad Castle
- The Three Towers
The desert sorcerer's trial
- Beyond the Volcanoes
Mahrad's lava wastes
- The Sea Dragon's Strike
Calm the giant sea dragon
- Koalad, the Forbidden Land
Duel on Koalad
- The Tropical Land
Visit the jungle of Jungal
Explore the great forest
- Liars and Truth-tellers
Figure out the truth
- The Legendary Bird
Visit the avian deity
Dragon Quest of the Stars incorporates mission-based gameplay. As the player advances the story, they travel between locations on fixed area maps and fight many species of monsters in transit or while exploring a dungeon area. Moving about a map requires the player to consume stamina that regenerates over time, the amounts increasing with the relative difficulty of each area. Players can also select a companion unit made available by other players to assist in combat.
Attacking in battle is automatic, while customisable skills operate on an active-time system. As the battle progresses, skill gauges assigned to each player unit fill up; and when full, units may execute their chosen skills. Chaining skills together in rapid succession increases damage dealt per turn.
Battles are scored against explicit mission objectives, with rewards given for each objective met in a given mission. When all objectives have been met, the mission is marked "clear". Regardless of progress, any story mission can be re-attempted at any time.
As a gacha game, Dragon Quest of the Stars offers various categories of equipment by means of lottery, using virtual currency purchased with real-world money or earned as the player progresses. The equipment can then be modified and assigned according to the player's needs and battle party.
In addition to à la carte purchases, players may activate monthly Star Pass subscriptions to unlock additional features and subscriber-only benefits. One free Star Pass is provided to all new players.
- Apprentice Adventurer: Your first vocation on this planet.
- Warrior: High Max HP and Resilience. Specializes in physical attacks.
- Mage: Impressive spell potency. Specializes in attack spells.
- Priest: Heals companions' wounds. Specializes in healing and support spells.
- Martial Artist: Tears through tough foes with devastating critical hits.
- Sailor: Mows down enemies with overwhelming sea-forged might.
- Dancer: Highly nimble, with a focus on evasion and attack spells.
- Ranger: An all-rounder capable of offence and healing.
- Gadabout: A mystery vocation useless at combat but great at having fun.
Requirements: Gadabout Scroll
- Battlemaster: The vocation with the highest-class attack power.
Requirements: Battlemaster Scroll, Warrior Lv. 50, Martial Artist Lv. 50
- Paladin: An unbreakable shield that protects the team with high max HP.
Requirements: Paladin Scroll, Priest Lv. 50, Martial Artist Lv. 50
- Sage: A magic specialist with a vast repertoire of spells.
Requirements: Sage Scroll, Mage Lv. 50, Priest Lv. 50
- Armamentalist: A specialist vocation that combines martial and magical migth.
Requirements: Armamentalist Scroll, Warrior Lv. 50, Mage Lv. 50
- Pirate: Slams enemies with mighty blows.
Requirements: Pirate Scroll, Sailor Lv. 50, Dancer Lv. 50
- Monster Master: Utilizes monster specialties and powerful breath attacks.
Requirements: Monster Master Scroll, Sailor Lv. 50, Ranger Lv. 50
- Superstar: A front-line star that pulls companions out of any tight spot.
Requirements: Superstar Scroll, Dancer Lv. 50, Ranger Lv. 50
- Main article: Dragon Quest of the Stars/Events
Beside the regular story, a main feature of Dragon Quest of the Stars are the limited time events. The most important ones are Story Events, which are events with quest that reminiscence the main Dragon Quest games and give the player equipment, items and stamps related to said games.
Lucky Chest Draws
- Main article: Dragon Quest of the Stars/Lucky Chest Draws
The best equipment in the game can only be found through the limited time Lucky Chest Draws. The Lucky Chest Draws work with the mechanics of a gashapon, meaning the player has a random chance at getting the rarest and most powerful equipment. The better and rarer and item is the lower the chances to get it. These draws change regularly with different featured equipment each time. The player can pay real money to buy the increase the chances to use the Lucky Chest Draws.
The game was released 15 October 2015 in Japan, and features stickers from popular LINE emoji artist Kanahei.
On 30 September 2019, it was announced that the game is set to have a global release in early 2020. An open beta for Android devices launched 30 October 2019 and has since completed. Registration for both iOS and Android opened 20 January 2020, leading up to a full release on 25 February 2020.
- ↑ Lee, J. (2019, September 30). Dragon Quest mobile RPG finally coming to the West after five years. Polygon. Retrieved on 2019-09-30.
- Dragon Quest of the Stars Wiki
- Official site
- English iOS App Store
- English Google Play
- Official channel at YouTube
- Official account at Instagram
- Official account at Facebook
- Official account at Twitter
- Article at Japanese Wikipedia
- Game info at GameFAQs
|v · e · dDragon Quest series|
|Mystery Dungeon series|
|Rocket Slime series|
|Monster Battle Road series|
|Fortune Street series|
|Other Dragon Quest games||
I & II • Kenshin Dragon Quest • Dragon Quest Swords • Dragon Quest Wars • Theatrhythm Dragon Quest • Dragon Quest Walk • Dragon Quest of the Stars • Dragon Quest Tact • The Adventure of Dai – Portable Adventure • The Adventure of Dai – Bonds of Soul