|This article is a stub.
Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by expanding it.
Elemental Family (エレメント, Element) refers to the monsters in the Dragon Quest series that are formed mainly by elements: Fire, Ice,Water, Wind or Earth. Usually they have elemental attacks and haunts areas similar to their elemental type. (E.g. Live lava haunts around volcanoes. )
Strengths and Weakness
- They often have breath attacks that can damage all party members
- They have higher resistance to attacks of same elemental type.
- Might have mixed elemental types, and thus have resistance to both types (e.g. Magmalice has Fire as major type, and Earth as minor)
- Has lower resistance to attack opposite to their elemental type
- Fire ↔ Ice
- Wind ↔ Earth
- Elemental enemies are also weak to the Fisticuffs ability Wind Sickles.
Sub-types of Elemental Family
|v · e · dMonster Families|