|This article is missing an image.|
Please help Dragon Quest Wiki by adding one.
Erdrick (formerly Loto) is a legendary hero who's frequently mentioned in the Dragon Quest game series.
The title serves as a major connecting point between Dragon Quest III and Dragon Quest I and II (along with Alefgard), as a result, the first 3 games in the Dragon Quest game series series are often referred to as the Erdrick Trilogy (or Loto Trilogy).
While Erdrick does not appear in the game, the Hero is his descendant. He has a cave named after him (Erdrick's Cave), in which a monument/tablet can be found. The Hero can also find his sword and armor during the course of the game. Finally, the hero must find his mark in order to prove that Erdrick is his ancestor.
The Hero/Heroine is given the honorary title "Erdrick" after defeating Zoma and saving Alefgard. S/he is the ancestor of the Hero in Dragon Quest.
Erdrick has a mention in IX, with an armour set named after him. These are all four star items and are made by alchemising one rusty set piece (eg. helmet, shield, sword etc.), nine Glass Frits, and an Orichalcum The rusty set pieces are obtained in various ways:
- His sword is obtained in the final dungeon of the story mode.
- His helmet is obtained after trading in a total of 62 mini medals to Cap'n Max Meddlin'.
- His shield is a reward for the post game quest #49 "Rock On!".
- His armour is a reward for the Wi-Fi quest #177 "Tones of the Bones".
- His gauntlets are obtained upon accepting the Wi-Fi quest #178 "From Rust to Riches".
This set of armour is one of the best in the game, second to only the Alchemiracle armour.
The Luminary is given the title Erdrick by the Yggdragon as an honor for defeating Calasmos and ridding the world of evil. Here, it is revealed that he is the first to bear the title, showing a flash-forward to Ortega and the hero of Dragon Quest III years later. In addition, a woman in Cobblestone makes mention of her favorite story character being named Erdrick. Dragon Quest XI also reveals the origins of two of Erdrick's equipment pieces. The Sword of Light was originally forged by the Luminary's predecessor, Erdwin at a sacred forge in Mount Huji . The forge overhead resembles the seal of Erdrick. The exact origins of Erdrick's shield are unknown, but it is known that Erdwin once wielded it. It somehow fell into the possession of the Mini Medal King, who rewards the Luminary with it after bringing the maximum amount of mini medals. Interestingly enough, although Erdwin was never mentioned to hold the title of Erdrick, his shield still has the world "ROTO" written on it, which is the Japanese equivalent of the title. This implies there may have been one to bear the title before him.
- In the Nintendo DS remake of V, if the player names their character Madason, then their father, who usually recommends that name, will make Erdrick his suggestion instead.
- In the US translation of VI (Nintendo DS Version), an NPC in Gallows Moor goes by the name of Erdrick.
- In the United States Erdrick was referenced in the original NES Final Fantasy, where one of the tombstones in Elfland says, "Here lies Erdrick."
- In Final Fantasy XII, Gilgamesh, a popular Final Fantasy character, Gilgamesh wields a fake version of Erdrick's sword known as "Tolo's sword". The sword is also available as a greatsword in the bazaar, when attacking or defending with it the classic attack and defend sound effects from I can be heard.
- The name Tolo itself is a reference to Loto, the name used in the Japanese version and the GBC translations.
|v · e · dDragon Quest (game)|
|Towns and Cities|