Itadaki Street 2, fully Itadaki Street 2: Neon Sign wa Bara Iro ni (いただきストリート2 〜ネオンサインはバラ色に〜, loosely translated as Fortune Street 2: Neon signs are rosy), is the second entry in the Fortune Street series. It was the first game in the series to be published by Enix and, consequently, the first to introduce elements from the Dragon Quest series.
Like the rest of the series, the game consists in playing and beating opponents on a series of boards. It's a simple game that plays very similar to Monopoly, in which players buy stores, raise capital and get fees from other players when they stop in the stores.
Besides gameplay additions, such as a vacant lot system and new space types, the main addition to the game are the several motifs related to the Dragon Quest series, such as a slime-like map and an Alefgard one.
The game was originally released for Super Famicom on 26 February 1994 and re-released again on 25 September 1997 with a slightly different cover art and at a cheaper price. The theme "Koya o Yuku", composed by Koichi Sugiyama for Dragon Quest II, is the only melody directly related to Dragon Quest. The rest of the soundtrack was composed by Kyohei Tsutsumi. The design of the game was done by Yuji Horii.
- Street 1: Shellfish Island (貝がら島)
- Street 2: Lake Mountain (レイクマウンテン)
- Street 3: Cloverland (クローバーランド)
- Street 4: Moon City (ムーンシティー)
- Street 5: Sulalin (スラリン) - A map with a slime motif.
- Street 6: Skyscraper (摩天楼)
- Street 7: Left Hemisphere (左半球)
- Street 8: Dream World (ドリームワールド)
- Street 9: Freeway (フリーウェイ)
- Street 10: Solar System (太陽系)
- Street 11: Undersea City (海底都市)
- Street 12: Casino Town (カジノタウン)
- Street 13: Sophie's Cave (ソフィーの洞窟)
- Street 14: Japanese Islands (日本列島)
- Street 15: Alefgard (アレフガルド)
- Official page at Square Enix
- Article at Japanese Wikipedia
- Game info at GameFAQs
- Game info at MobyGames
- Manual transcription (Japanese)
- Review at SNES HUB
|v · e · dDragon Quest series|
|Mystery Dungeon series|
|Rocket Slime series|
|Monster Battle Road series|
|Fortune Street series||
Itadaki Street 2 • Fortune Street
|Other Dragon Quest games||
I & II • Kenshin Dragon Quest • Dragon Quest Swords • Dragon Quest Wars • Theatrhythm Dragon Quest • Dragon Quest Walk • Dragon Quest of the Stars • Dragon Quest Tact • The Adventure of Dai - Portable Adventure • The Adventure of Dai - Bond of Souls • The Adventure of Dai - Infinity Strash